Account Manager - Construction/Industrial
Location: Lawrence, KS
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and gross profit objectives.
- Regularly calls on assigned accounts. Actively seeks to develop new accounts within sales planning guidelines and assigned geographic territory. Secures orders and generates sales of products and services.
- Ensures quality customer support through expediting, pricing, follow-up, returns and other services.
- May develop quotations for customers within the company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Provides customers timely follow-up on technical inquiries and requests.
- Responsible for inputting Total Customer Cost Management (TCCM) cost savings documentation that is relevant to the assigned customer base.
- Directs the use of marketing tools, technical specialists and company services, supporting a broad spectrum of products to facilitate a coordinated sales strategy for each assigned customer.
- Participates in and advises sales management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies. Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provides strategic input to the Pricing and Purchasing departments on competitive issues related to price and margin strategy, product evaluations, electrical code requirements, inventory requirements, and other related sales, marketing and service functions.
- Leads and attends sales and product meetings and technical training programs. Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs.
- Coordinates with Customer Financial Services (CFS) staff to resolve customer billing problems resulting from errors in pricing, shipping, delivery or other credit areas. Advises CFS staff on changes in customer credit worthiness.
- Obtains orders and provides proactive customer service sales and service functions including order entry, expediting and pricing, and follows up on customer inquiries as required.
- May develop quotations and request bid or performance bonds for customers within company profit objectives and guidelines.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 20 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 0 - 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and/or walking and occasional sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a four-year business, sales, marketing or trade degree preferred, or the equivalent in related work experiences.
- Technical competence in understanding electrical systems with a minimum of four years of prior customer service, marketing, and quotation or sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of four years of prior electrical distribution and quotations experience preferred with comprehensive knowledge of Border States' product lines and applications, alternate product substitutes, and supplier pricing policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize. Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, email and SAP enterprise resource planning software.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with 95 locations in 18 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?