Construction Project Manager
Location: cedar rapids, IA
Name: linnae itterman
Because of their continued growth, a General Contractor in the local area is seeking a PROJECT MANAGER to join their team. As a leader in the building industry, my client hires the best and provides them with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive, team-orientated environment.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management to assigned projects in a safe, profitable, and timely manner. The PM manages the work in a manner consistent with standards of quality and integrity and will participate in the marketing, estimating, bidding, and contract negotiation phases of the projects assigned.
This is the highest management level at a project site.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsibility for project success, including safety, schedule, profitability, and quality and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, presentations, and negotiations for selected projects.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Responsible for understanding and administering prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, etc.
- Participates in preparation and review of estimates
- Champions the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating phase to the field. This transition shall include project review meetings, which encompass a review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts, and purchase order agreements.
- Coordinates with the Project Superintendent the means and methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the work.
- Assures coordination with the Project Superintendent and the procurement schedule with the Project Engineer. Pays special attention to prevention and documentation of delays or changes.
- Uses available reports to manage costs and prepare accurate cost projections.
- Reviews and executes all change orders, supplements, and cost control budget adjustments.
- Manages all billings to ensure timely submission of payment applications and collection of payments from the owner in order to maintain a positive cash flow position.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and execution of purchase order agreements and subcontracts with respect to insurance certificates, bonds, and the appropriate lien waivers.
- Completes close-out requirements and punch lists in a timely manner.
- Provides feedback to estimators for use in future bidding or negotiations, especially subcontractor performance evaluations.
For immediate consideration send your confidential resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] All qualified candidates will be contacted and given further information.
- Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Experience in preconstruction and in managing construction projects and a thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures is essential.
- This manager level is capable of managing large projects of a complex nature and multiple projects.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs