Location: Detroit, MI
Name: Walbridge Aldinger Company
Walbridge is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering team to be a part of a new expanding business within Walbridge. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for both design and third party review on projects of different sizes, complexity and industries.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
"We build living monuments that transcend our time on earth" - John Rakolta Jr. CEO of Walbridge.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Industry-leading training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practice
- Create new design standards for customers that are repeatable in other projects.
- Provide accepted value added engineering and alternative solutions for the customer.
- Design projects within the customer's budget.
- Prepare Energy Calculations and Lighting Calculations
- Perform third party technicalreview of design documents for compliance.
- Participate in the development of design solutions on new business development proposals.
- Provide Contract Administration Services (RFI's, Change orders, etc.)
- Coordination of designs to provide a cohesive system to the customer.
- Conduct field inspections and condition assessments of the building electrical, security, fire, alarm systems.
- Prepare design sketches, Construction Documents and specifications in compliance with project porgam, building design and budget.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of construction documents and coordiantion with other disciplines.
- Coordinate with contractors, owener's consultants and vendors during both the design and construction phases of a project.
- 15 years minimum experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Experience with office buildings, R&D, Industrial, and / or Mission Critical sectors
- Experience with AutoCAD required, eperience with Revit preferred
- Experience in Design Build Environments a plus
Walbridge Aldinger Company is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.