Location: Plainwell, MI
With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high caliber professionals to join our connected global network.
We have an opportunity in our Plainwell, MI office for a Civil/Environmental Engineer, who aspires to become an active employee in a vibrant, well-established company.
If you’re driven, fast track your career here!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting project teams both in the office and in the field on projects associated primarily with:environmental remediation, due diligence, and compliance; field project oversight; and potentially conceptual design projects involving environmental, civil and/or construction disciplines.
- Assisting with development of project health and safety documents, environmental reports, client proposals, vendor safety approvals, purchase orders, budget estimates, and invoicing.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Field data collection and documentation for environmental site assessments.
- Coordinate and conduct field sampling programs.
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 5‐7 years of previous environmental experience to include project management and field experience
- Candidate should possess strong project management and client relationship skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials
- EIT or PE is preferred
- Current OSHA 40‐hour HAZWOPER is a plus
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Must reside in Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo, Michigan area
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below.
No phone calls please and no third party firms. This position does not offer visa sponsorship.