Specialist I, Construction
Location: Dubuque, IA
Performs mapping of aerial, underground and apartments in accordance with safety regulations, Mediacom policies and procedures, good workmanship; utility, federal, state and local codes.
• Performs strand mapping for new build areas.
• Performs walk out of apartment complexes and MDU’s.
• Knowledgeable in general CATV construction practices and able to direct contractors and or in house on work to be preformed.
• Able to read system prints and understand the operation of CATV.
• Performs field engineering of road projects and force relocates.
• Participate in meetings with developers and state projects.
• Develops familiarity with preventative maintenance, i.e., sweeping, balancing, signal leakage detection and monitoring, voltage measurement, and stand-by power testing.
• Produce reports as required on the operation of the plant facility.
• Functions in various weather conditions within safety constraints.
• Provides input to supervisor on projects.
• Performs quality control inspections, and construction on a regular basis to assure quality and recommend additional training as needed.
• Knowledge in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Perform all other duties assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, 4 year Degree preferred.
• 2-3 years experience in the CATV field.
• Ability to carry 75 pounds with no accommodations (Minimum).
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
• Knowledge of all construction tools and equipment including; bucket trucks, lasher, blocks, pulling grips, stand/cable trailers, cable layers, hoists, bolt cutters, lay-up sticks and hand lines.
Keywords: Construction Coordinator, Specialist I