Engineering Plans & Specs Detailer - New Construction Large Projects
Location: Olathe, KS
DH Pace Company, Inc., corporate office in Olathe, KS, aspires to hire an Experienced Commercial New Construction Doors, Frames and Hardware Detailer.
- Residing/working in Kansas City is preferred; however, for the right experienced applicant, working in a location where we have another office and/or remotely may be a possibility.
DH Pace Company, Inc. offers Stability and Growth:
- Position with Purpose where You will make a Difference
- The benefit of working with DH Pace Leaders who will share their knowledge for a smooth transition to our organization
- Company-wide Sales over $500M in 2018; up from $430M in 2017
- Privately owned over 90 years with over 40 locations in 20 States
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including a corporate wellness program, paid time off plan (PTO); already your 2nd year you will accrue 16 days of PTO!
- Do you have a minimum of 10 years of experience detailing large new construction division 8 and division 10 projects?
- Do you consider yourself a Career Detailer with a passion for commercial doors, frames and hardware?
- Do you enjoy being the expert when it comes to building codes and ensuring products are specified to code?
- Do you have, or do you aspire to obtain your AHC certification?
If YES was your answer to most of the above questions, then this Project Detailer position may really appeal to you!
- Will be responsible for reading and analyzing commercial new construction blueprints to successfully complete projects according to job specifications for division 8 hollow metal doors/frames and hardware.
- Must be able to effectively detail multiple projects.
- Accurately determine the best products and cost to complete a project that will ensure customer satisfaction and job profitability.
- Submit timely project schedules to architects and contractors, detailing products and services for contract sales.
- Study and stay abreast of manufacturers’ product enhancements, construction documents and building codes serving as a department resource and ensuring errors are minimized and process efficiencies are improved.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience detailing multiple new construction projects in excess of $150K/project (preferably experience detailing projects in excess of $1M in scope) with specific focus on division 8 hollow metal doors/frames and hardware
- AHC preferred, but not required
- Must possess good organizational and computer skills, problem solving abilities, have a strong attention to detail, and aptitude for math
- Experience reading and analyzing blueprints essential
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
Company: DH Pace Company, Inc.