Location: Culpeper, VA
Pay: $2,125.00 /Year
Name: Cory Mitchem
Use hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products. These duties are to be performed within safety, quality, and production standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned that pertain to this classification.
* Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
* Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision measuring instruments.
* Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
* Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
* Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
* Cut, contour, and bevel metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions as specified by blueprints, layouts, work orders, and templates, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knives.
* Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
* Operate metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines, such as brakes and shears.
* Position and secure work pieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools.
* Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
* Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
* Visualize, design and fabricate from steel, new or replacement part.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.