Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Name: Phil Garaas
MR Davidson is a premier search and recruiting firm specializing in experienced construction professionals for roles such as Estimating, Project Management, Preconstruction, and Field Superintendents.
We have several openings for experienced Estimators in various locations across the US.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in all construction divisions.
Compensation ranges $80 - $115K+ based on experience.
Benefits Package includes:
• Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
• Perform a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
• Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
• Liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
• Prepare detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
• Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types (lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
• Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
• Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinate with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
• Work with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate.
• Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work.
• Determine if scope is covered and manage risk of scope gaps.
• Supervise Assistant Estimating Engineers, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns as assigned.
• 4 year degree preferred or equivalent experience.