Project Manager- Construction
Location: Doylestown, PA
Position Summary: The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing all aspects of construction from the pre-site inspection to receipt of the Certificate of Completion/Certificate of Occupancy. Each A&S customer will be assigned a PM, who will be the day-to-day company contact person for their backyard project. PM's must be knowledgeable in all phases of the installation and operation of all equipment and systems. He/she must be able to manage and instruct crews to accomplish the desired end result in accordance with the product quality standards established by A&S.
Travel Requirements: 90% Field
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees all phases of the installation process, taking digital photos throughout, and responsible for ensuring completion of all required inspections.
- Meets regularly with the Construction Manager and General Manager to review the progress of each assigned project and to discuss and resolve outstanding problems or issues, as needed.
- Assists the Design Consultant andGeneral Manager on pre-site evaluations to ensure that any site concerns are addressed prior to obtaining a signed construction agreement.
- Performs pre-site inspections on all construction projects prior to excavation to ensure that all facets of the project have been identified and documented to eliminate the possibility of potential installation problems. Ensures compliance with the use of all safety-related equipment on the jobsite as required by the A&S Safety Program.
- Ensures the payment schedule is maintained and all payments are received for each assigned project. When construction crews are unable to do so, PM’s may be scheduled to pick up customer payments before proceeding to the next phase.
- PM’s are responsible for evaluating the performance of in-house crews and subcontractors for each phase. Takes immediate corrective action when workmanship is found to be sub-standard. If an individual or crew fails to respond and correct the problem, the PM is to report the event to the GM or CM for further action.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years project manager experience in construction or a related industry
- Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Proficient in using an iPad
- excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- strong customer service orientation with a professional and courteous demeanor
- willingness to accept change and taking the initiative to create positive change within the scope of job responsibilities
- able to effectively deal with the rigors of stress and disappointments in a calm, unemotional manner
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work long hours in the busy season
- Ability to read blueprints