Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of administrative and clerical support to assigned department. Functions involve the preparation of various reports, the analysis of reports with recommended actions, and the supervision and/or monitoring of work activities with the group, department, or office. Duties may be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the manager by maintaining records, files, reports and other documentation required for operation.
- Creates, manages, and utilize database templates.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Provides standard and special reports for the manager using a variety of documents and files.
- Provides feedback to management that will assist in the improvement of department performance.
- This position will have a high degree of interaction with other departments both internal and external.
- Assures all documents associated with duties are complete and accurate.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- High school diploma and 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates Degree in Administrative skills or business school preferred.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) a Plus.
- Must have knowledge of office administration procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisor assistance as appropriate.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to apply common sense in all tasks.