Field Engineer - Entry Level Construction - Fremont, CA
Location: Fremont, CA
Summary of Position:
To assist the Project Manager and Superintendent(s) in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe how to manage a project.
- Review the project’s construction documents, looking for possible future problems and conflicts.
- Update and monitor all construction documents with changes and addenda.
- Walk the site looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and report all unidentified unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verifying dimensions, cleaning beam bottoms, checking cable chairs, verifying proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensure that all subcontractors accurately complete and submit their daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Record work progress on daily reports by issuing subcontractor’s reports and observations.
- Accept deliveries, verifying quantities and noting any discrepancies.
- Develop, organize, and track office documents as directed by Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Help create, distribute and manage punch list to all rough trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and framing).
- Prepare and submit daily man count reports, documenting number of worker on jobsite in morning and afternoon.
- Check all rough trade’s work prior to inspection by structural engineer.
- Walk truss inspections with structural engineer.
- Comply with company safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager and Superintendent
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or related study is required.
- At least one year of experience in construction is required; preferably multi-family construction.
- 6 months – 1 year prior related work experience.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice
- Knowledge of PC and construction and business software including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent computer skills — Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Internet;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up on and carry multiple projects through to completion;
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to drive a car or truck.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Must be able to read volumes of information.
- Must be willing to work in a corporate or field office (job trailer).
- Work extended hours and weekends as needed to facilitate the project.
- Office and personal facilities provided at the job site that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact will with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.