Director of Construction - Multifamily
Location: Chicago, IL
Opportunity awaits at Lennar Multi Family for a Director of Construction.
Lennar's Multi Family Division, is currently seeking an experienced Director of Construction who is motivated, organized, a self-starter with a strong construction background. If you want to work for a great Company with advancement opportunities, please apply today!!
As a Director of Construction, you will be responsible for providing leadership for all on-site personnel and to manage all aspects of the pre-construction and construction of each assigned project. The Director of Construction is responsible for supervising all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage options list and provide coordination and accurate pricing of each.
- Oversight on a day to day of all on-site construction activities.
- Completion and close-out of the project and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Address the warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly reports on project progress.
- Review and approve entire subcontractor’s and supplier’s pay request.
- Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing budget.
- Evaluate performance of project team members.
- Select subcontractors and compose scopes of work for contracts.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all predevelopment projects.
- Responsible for individual projects from start to finish.
- Ensure project and subs are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractor’s work to monitor compliance with company safety standards.
- Help Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Provide construction input to design professionals.
- Resolve subcontractor disputes.
- Assist Safety Director by representing the Company on OSHA inspections when necessary.
- Provide Safety Director with reports on projects when necessary.
- Provide assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
Lennar makes it easy to map out your future success with a wide variety of opportunities for career growth in the most desirable real estate markets.
We are proud to provide our associates with a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Short and Long Term Disability and much more.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree in construction management or related study or a minimum of 15 years of experience as a Manger of Multi-Family Garden, Wrap and Mid-rise construction.
- Established Trade Relationships in North Carolina.
- Must have excellent communication, organization, management, and people skills
- Competent in Word and Excel
- Sage (Timberline) competency a plus