HSE Manager - Biotech
Location: San Diego, CA, CA
Pay: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 /Year
Name: Vivien Treacy
San Diego, CA
The Health, Safety & Environmental(HSE) manager position ensures the Health, Safety & Environmental performance, and acts as the functional expert resource, of the organization.
The prime objective is to optimize the overall Safety & Health aspects of the organization across the value chain to ensure no harm to our people and promote their overall health.
· Develop, implement and maintain robust Health, Safety & Environmental strategies, policies and plans.
· Develop Safety & Health best in class programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on S&H measures and precautions in accordance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and other relevant internal and external standards.
· Oversee all chemical/hazardous/medical waste management, including transport of chemicals and waste disposal.
· Ensure timely completion, submission and documentation for various licensing, permitting, inspection and training requirements.
· Identify and categorize hazardous wastes (chemical, biological and other) generated in all laboratory operations.
· Participate as an active member of site HAZMAT Response Team.
· Assist with implementation of the Disaster recovery and Emergency Response Plans.
· Prepare and instruct annual audit and training programs to maintain OSHA compliance and maintaining employee safety training records.
· Identify, document and reduce potential workplace hazards, including accident investigation, through corrective actions and making recommendations to management.
· $100,000 - $110,000 annual salary
· 10% bonus target
· Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 401k Match, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, On Site Gym, Company Events and much more
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ Years' interfacing with regulatory agencies such as OSH, EPA, and DOT.
· 5+ Years' in biotech or related industry.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Experience working and collaborating in teams, leading EH&S projects and initiatives.