Estimator - Asphalt / Paving / Concrete
Location: West Collingswood Heights, NJ, NJ
American Asphalt Company, headquartered in West Collingswood Heights, NJ, an asphalt company that manufactures, paves and provides maintenance to roads and parking lots, is seeking a talented and motivated Estimator. American Asphalt Company is a growing company in need of an experienced Estimator to provide technical and client relationship skills to current and potential clients. American Asphalt Company offers an exciting and engaging work environment with a variety of responsibilities within this role.
The Estimator is responsible for the highest quality estimates, maintains positive relationships and communications with the client, subcontractors and vendors and works in conjunction with the other professionals in the company and will insure that all project information is properly communicated in a timely manner.
- Prepares thorough, accurate and timely estimates.
- Reviews specs & owner’s requirements, prepares conceptual estimates for clients that do not have hard specs.
- Prepares bid documents and develops clear written proposals and correspondence, including changes in project as required.
- Maintains proposal due dates and projects and assure successful bids are entered in the job cost system.
- Monitors material and labor costs associated with ongoing projects for updating master database in estimating software.
- Visits project sites as necessary; Participates in start-up and follow-up meetings.
- Assists with business development.
- High School Diploma/GED is required; some college is preferred.
- 5 + years estimating experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to assess and evaluate processes to comply with laws, regulations and standards.
- Must have the ability to estimate sizes, distances, and quantities as well as determine time, resources and materials needed resulting in efficient work flow to meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with exceptional time management skills.
- Experience with estimating software (preferably B2W)
- Experience with reading understanding and interpreting construction plans & project specs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Solid computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook are a must.
- Maintain positive relationships so clients are satisfied which could result in repeat or new business.
American Asphalt Company is an employer of choice and a value driven company. We offer an excellent benefits package including a highly competitive salary, including health insurance and 401(k) Plan.