Location: Durham, NC
Name: Beth Schoenwetter
About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has built over 650,000 quality homes in our more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets from coast to coast. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional personalization we offer our homebuyers from those buying their first home to experienced buyers allowing them to make their home uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR® certified, a standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable and better for the environment than new homes without certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys. Build your career with KB Home. Learn more.JOB SUMMARY:
The Studio Consultant is the first point of contact for homebuyers after purchase, and responsible for ensuring their satisfaction throughout the studio selection process and beyond. This role educates buyers on the available studio choices, both included and optional, and enters their selections into the company software platforms. Consultants help maintain an attractive retail environment and share the responsibility of accurately displaying and labeling options. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Customer Appointments
Capture Accurate Homebuyer Choices
- Builds a rapport with the homebuyer using a discovery process to determine the buyer's design and lifestyle preferences with the end goal of helping the buyer design a home they will love.
- Conducts live video or in person appointments reviewing all choices available to the homebuyer, with consideration towards their design goals and budget.
- Shares product knowledge with buyers and demonstrates product offerings where applicable.
- Provides exceptional customer service at all times to internal and external customers.
- Depending on division size, this position may require the scheduling of homebuyer appointments and follow up.
Planning and Follow-up
- Accurately and efficiently enters buyer's option choices into KB Home's software platform(s) during the appointment and completes all necessary paperwork via DocuSign.
- Responsible for routinely auditing paperwork to ensure accuracy.
- Processes any homebuyer change orders in a timely manner and accurately maintains all required buyer documentation.
- Prepares for all buyer appointments which could include pulling samples, coordination with mortgage, etc. to ensure appointments run smoothly and effectively.
- Responds to homebuyers, operations, trade partners, and sales teams phone calls, e-mails, and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Routinely reviews and has proficient level knowledge for all products offered in the Studio.
- Attends weekly staff meeting or product training as scheduled.
Senior Studio Consultant Responsibilities
- Makes certain the studio environment and studio tools are maintained in excellent condition at all times to ensure an attractive retail space and reports deficiencies to the appropriate supervisors.
- Assists in tagging product selections when needed.
In addition to the above duties, the senior consultant will perform some or all of the duties listed below based on the size of the division:
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education/Certifications/Licenses
- Mentors and trains new and existing studio team members.
- Responsible for completing the final audit on all homebuyer paperwork and helps reinforce policies and procedures to ensure work product accuracy.
- Helps management resolve elevated and/or challenging customer service related issues in a timely manner.
- Attends New Community kick off meetings, partners with Purchasing to confirm system set up is correct and reflects correct spec level, and options.
- Works with Sales /Marketing to ensure brochures are current and match architectural plans as well as all related Studio diagrams.
- Co-leads weekly studio team meetings periodically.
- Provides miscellaneous administrative support as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Associates or bachelors degree preferred.
- Retain a vocational degree or certificate in Interior Design or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous retail or hospitality experience in customer service-oriented environment required.
- 1 to 4 years of retail experience with a homebuilder or design industry preferred.
- Senior Consultant Experience: minimum 3 years of retail experience with a homebuilder or design industry required.
- Shows passion and proven knowledge of interior design and space planning. Highly self-motivated.
- Has strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams. Demonstrated use of technology and virtual capabilities to drive business and meet buyer needs.
- Ability to connect with people using various electronic and in-person modes of communication, develop, and maintain professional relationships while selling ideas, products and services.
- Proven ability of being customer-centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective.
- Ability to follow detailed processes and procedures to achieve a desired outcome.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, with the ability to self-audit work product.
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts, communicate succinctly and persuasively. Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule on a consistent basis, including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Work 8-hour days with flexibility for overtime when necessary.
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner with potential buyers, trade partners, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.