Construction Project Manager
Location: Syracuse, NY
Name: Patrick Quinlan
Fax: 1 212-661-6622
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Project Manager is responsible for the overall management and delivery of construction projects on time and under budget.
Our client is a Local General Contractor focused on Commercial Construction Projects based in Syracuse, NY. They build a variety of commercial structures including Tilt-Wall warehouses, Institutional projects, Health care, and municipal projects through out Central New York.
- Implement and maintain effective management, planning, and cost control systems in cooperation with the project team
- Assist with pre-construction activities relevant to assigned project work
- Prepare or assist pre-construction manager with the project budget
- Work with estimating department to prepare buy-out plan
- Develop a project execution plan
- Review and approve construction operation plans, change order request and pay apps.
- Provide monthly forecasting for all projects, including internal general conditions costs
- Review contingency plans for potential problems concerning labor activity, fire, storms, etc.
- Track and report on all project costs
- Identify and evaluate risk that may have an impact on the project
- Remain knowledgeable of subcontract agreements, purchase order terms and conditions, and sub consultant agreements
- Administer contract documents in accordance with policies and procedure for the maximum benefit of the company
- Provide support and guidance for project personnel
- Advise management of developments that may affect project profit, costs, schedules, and client relations
- Establish and maintain communications between Client and Subcontractors to ensure accurate and timely flow of information
- Develop and issue monthly status reports to keep management informed on construction progress, direct and indirect construction costs, and other project activities
- Manage project closeout activities
- 5+ years of leading commercial construction projects
- Experience in Commercial, Industrial, and Office markets
- Experience handling projects 100% independently
- Strong team player
- Strong Base Salary
- Vehicle Allowance
5+ years of leading commercial construction projects
Experience with Tilt-Up construction (PREFERRED)
Experience in Commercial, Industrial, and Office markets
Experience handling projects 100% independently