Construction Coordinator / Scheduler
Location: Fairfield, CA
Name: Beth Schoenwetter
About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has built nearly 650,000 quality homes in our more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets from coast to coast, and in 2021 was named as one of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional personalization we offer our homebuyers-from those buying their first home to experienced buyers-allowing them to make their home uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR® certified, a standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable and better for the environment than homes without certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys. Learn more about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting kbhome.com.JOB SUMMARY:
Following the KBnxt business model, this position creates and maintains a master schedule of materials/labor that ensures efficient work flow for assigned communities. Coordinates with Sales Team to update schedule with customer changes. Provides material, labor, and scheduling reports to KB personnel, vendors, and trade partners on a regular basis. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Scheduling
- Develop various construction schedules involving building construction (labor), and material procurement.
- Coordinate scheduling of various trades during construction phase to ensure "Even-Flow" production.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal managers so material is delivered to each subdivision on time.
- Monitor the release of specific materials to each house within each project.
- Continually communicate with internal KB personnel regarding schedule adjustments.
- Work closely with Sales personnel regarding customers rquesting change orders after basic select is filed.
- Update schedules to reflect change orders. Notify trade partners, vendors, and KB personnel of these changes.
- Responsible for maintaining all scheduling data into the PCMLAR system.
- Distribute PCMYLAR morning reports to necessary KB personnel and vendors by email or fax daily.
- Update vendor assignment changes in PCMLAR so reports are distributed to the appropriate vendor.
- Maintain and distribute manual reports (i.e. Milestone Report, Daily Status Report, Percentage Report) to essential KB personnel, city inspections and CPS releases.
- Maintain and update sequence numbers daily.
- Ensure construction boards are updated and maintained on a regular basis.
- Update and distribute various punch lists to vendors, trade partners & internal KB personnel such as: Frame List, Authorization List, and Authorized Start List.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education/Certifications/Licenses
- Provide regular training and thorough overview of centralized scheduling with all new Construction and Sales personnel.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of one (1) year of prior planning or scheduling experience in real estate or related industry
- Residential Homebuilding experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational capability, including the ability to multi-task
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Work 8-hour days with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.