Location: Centennial, CO
Name: Beth Schoenwetter
About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has built over 650,000 quality homes in our more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets from coast to coast. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional personalization we offer our homebuyers from those buying their first home to experienced buyers allowing them to make their home uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR® certified, a standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable and better for the environment than new homes without certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys. Build your career with KB Home. Learn more.JOB SUMMARY:
Works under general supervision to coordinate projects to ensure homebuilding process is completed in a prompt, effective, and professional manner according to the KBnxt business model. Provides support to all field personnel on various construction projects involving: budgets, schedules, utility orders, labor and material purchase orders, safety reports, and/or permits. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education/Certifications/Licenses
- Perform all job start-up requirements (i.e. files, information sheets and field forms, bulletin board documents). Ensures that all required materials/equipment are on jobsite and working properly including phones for trailers & tracts, power for trailers, replacement water meters, water coolers, toilets, and mobile storage units.
- Will assist leadership with developing estimates for labor and materials needed, and places orders accordingly. Assure that key suppliers and subcontractors have necessary plans and specifications for bids. Prepares and organizes bid packages for review with the team. Ensures timely communication and follow-up between KB and suppliers throughout the entire bid process.
- Types and distributes purchase orders and subcontracts, including computer input. Expedites acknowledgments of purchase orders and signed copies of subcontract agreements. Prepares change orders and obtains approval from appropriate party(s).
- In conjunction with leadership develops various construction schedules. Coordinates scheduling of various trades during construction phase. Preparation & weekly maintenance of the 12-Week Report. Prepares and schedules the monthly Team Walks and corresponding reports. Prepares and schedules weekly Walk-throughs for all homes. Enters data from weekly Walk-throughs into appropriate database. Creates all Production Release Schedules.
- Submit application for each home's building permit and obtain permit from municipality. E-mail/fax permit numbers to all mechanical subs & soils and civil engineers for weekly starts.
- Coordinates health and safety program including the completion of incident reports, produces safety reports and letters to subs, and orders first aid supplies for construction site.
- Orders all electrical and gas meters from the respective utilities. Conducts follow-up and research for all utility orders.
- Serve as back-up admin support when Construction Assistant is absent
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Prior office experience required, including strong computer usage and typing
- Homebuilding construction or customer service experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational capability, including the ability to multi-task
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to complete projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Work 8-hour days with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
- Base Salary: the expected base salary range for this position is $45,000-55,000 per year depending on experience, paid semi-monthly.
- Bonus: this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus
- Benefits: employee benefits available for this position include health care (medical, dental and vision) benefits, a 401(k) employee savings plan with Company match, vacation pay, paid sick days, and a monthly mobile phone stipend
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.