Construction Project Manager
Location: Durham, NC
Name: Beth Schoenwetter
About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has built nearly 650,000 quality homes in our more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets from coast to coast. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional personalization we offer our homebuyers from those buying their first home to experienced buyers allowing them to make their home uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR® certified, a standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable and better for the environment than new homes without certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys. Learn more about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting kbhome.com.JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for management of the construction team for multiple communities, complex/high volume operations, and/or start-up divisions. Oversee construction from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence through the business model. Ensure quality assurance and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process. Provide daily supervision and coordination of tasks for 2 or more direct reports. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performance Management:
Construction/Cycle Time/Home Readiness:
- Work with Regional Construction Manager and EVP to recruit staff, train and retain construction staff through proper coaching and performance management on construction non-negotiables and scorecards. Identify performance gaps and offer solutions to narrow the gap.
- Ensure all required training is complete and performance reviews are conducted.
- Supervise daily activities of 2 or more direct reports and troubleshoot any escalated construction and customer service issues.
- Point person/liaison to field staff and division management.
- Plan and direct KB staff and trade partners in the construction and completion of quality residential homes with strong commitment to executing the KBnxt business model and 100% Complete/100% Satisfied program.
- Responsible for milestone report (slab to frame, frame to mechanical, drywall to cabinet and cabinet to final).
- Ensure consistent application of "Even Flow", homes completed per schedule (daily starts, closings and monthly deliveries).
- Schedule and monitor trade partners during the entire construction process from start to closing. Informs and trains trade partners regarding company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance.
- Approve trade partner's purchase orders and invoices for assigned homes, while ensuring completion of work in a quality and timely manner. Maintains trade partner scorecards on performance and submits to purchasing.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold trade partners responsible for daily clean-up.
- Interact with Architecture, Engineering, Studio, Purchasing and DUP and consider their input/deadlines during the process to ensure timely quality construction.
Safety & Quality Standards:
- Responsible and accountable for daily customer service metrics including average days to close claims, average cost per claims and ensuring no claims go over 14 days.
- Continually strive for superior CSI ranking in specific market.
- Responsible for executing all home deliveries 100% complete and signed off by COE by the homebuyer.
- Monitor and resolve customer or construction concerns to facilitate smooth final closing process.
- Manage Pre-Construction and Pre-Drywall orientations with buyers to reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction process.
- Deliver a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new home.
- Participate in Community Teams, and take ownership of construction matters/issues. Works directly with the salesforce with an emphasis in teamwork and customer satisfaction.
External Partnerships (trade partners, municipalities, building officials):
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations.
- Facilitate weekly safety meetings with staff and trade partners
- Ensure Quality Checkpoints are completed and provides daily status updates on the construction progress on each unit.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of SWPPP for the construction site.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education/Certifications/Licenses
- Ensures the community is working with NHQ certified trade partners
- Drives the permit and inspection sign-off process on a timely basis
- Responsible for inspection process in assigned homes and interacts with VA, FHA, City, County, State and Conventional inspectors involved in the homebuilding process
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Construction Management vocational degree or certificate preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 4-6 years of construction experience in homebuilding or related real estate industry required
- Strong experience in delivering high quality customer service programs. JD P experience a plus!
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Work full-time schedule with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Ability to work the "On-Call" program when needed (respond to emergency calls or other issues during off-hours)
- Valid driver's license required
- Local travel required within designated division
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.